Check out what is happening in the photography world this week!
1. In honor of Kodak's ten year anniversary of its first digital zoom camera,
DC Views has compared elements of photography from when it was a 'digital science' to the 'easy sharing' aspect of today.
2. In a timely web 'service' offering Military personnel are remembering their time in service with photo books offered specially by the Military Yearbook Printing Company....but sometimes uploading pictures to a website can be extremely complicated.
3. Hollywood photographer David Strick is suing the Los Angeles Times for illegally publishing 174 of his photos.
The law suit could potentially cost $150,000 for each infringement, and there are 510 alleged violations!
4. When David Strick seemed to deliver too many photos, wedding photographer Gerald Randolph Byrd didn't deliver enough.
In fact Byrd refused to hand over the photos and is now serving two years of house arrest for fraudulent intent. The original sentence was eight years in prison.
5. But on a lighter note National Geographic has announced the "Best Travel Pictures of 2011" and they are incredible.
Photograph by Robin Moore
Click here to check them out.
We hope you have fun surfing the web for more photography updates!